Welcome to the InJobs Resume Builder page for workers with developmental disabilities living in San Luis Obispo County. We recommend that you work with a support person or family member to complete each part of the resume. If you have questions, call United Cerebral Palsy at (805) 543-2039.
You should set up an account by placing your e-mail in the second field of the Resume Builder page. You will receive a password at your e-mail address that will allow you to work on your resume in the future.
At the bottom of the Resume Builder page is a button marked Preview. Click on this button to save the information you have entered into the Resume Builder page.
To get started, click on the Submit Resume header under the For Candidates header and the Resume Builder page will open up.
- Place your first and last name
- Enter your e-mail address. Your e-mail will not appear on your resume
- Professional title: Click on the type of worker you are
- Location: Write in your town (ie Paso Robles, CA)
- Photo: You can drop in a picture of yourself
- Video: You can enter a link to a video of yourself
- Resume Category: Click on the type of job you are looking for
- Minimum rate/hr: What is the starting wage that you would need to get paid?
- Resume Content: Tell the potential employer about yourself. What are your strengths as a worker? Let them know the type of work you have done and the type of work you are looking for. Can you work with limited supervision from supportive work staff?
- Skills: List the type of skills you have, like: bi-lingual, cash register, cleaning, computer/typing skills, customer service, phone skills, reading, stocking shelves, and other skills.
- URL(s): You can put your link to Facebook or other media app. Make sure your information is appropriate, because the potential employer will probably visit your page
- Experience: Where have you worked in the community or as a part of a work program?
- Support Person: Name and phone number for the person who helped you build your resume.